Friday 7 November 2014

Introduction and Brief Explanation

My Culminating Project is the creation of a website created with a CMS called "SilverStripe" running off of a personal server (an old desktop computer).

The website that I am creating is about Fowl, focusing mainly on domestic poultry. The website will include a directory that incorporates information pages for various breeds of chickens, geese, ducks, etc. As well as a functional forum for people to discuss the subject at hand.

While completing this project I expect to learn how to use a Linux based operating system, use various programs such as Apache, My SQL, PHP, and understand them to a suitable extent.

The links that I expect to help me include:
Port Forwarding


Things I need:

 Physical
-Old desktop

 Virtual
- Domain name
- No-ip.com account
- Linux Operating System (Debian 7.7)
- Apache Program
- My SQL Program
- PHP Program
- SilverStripe CMS

No comments:

Post a Comment