Monday 15 December 2014

Woot! I remembered

Well, I luckily remembered to ask Perry about my CMS problem, and another CMS (Wordpress) with a forum it is!

Of course I was considering this CMS early on in the course, but didn't pick it, so it obviously had to be the easiest thing in the world to install. Download, install, extract the file in the /var/www folder and follow a couple instructions that babied you through the steps (Although I'll admit I had to ask someone how to create a new directory on Debian) So all went well! 

My website is up and fine, now all I need is the forum plug in! And to get this I need a FTP server on my computer. The last part of class I tried this, and couldn't get this to work, so I gave up. But as I'm re-reading the instructions now when I'm not rushing through it, I realized I screwed up in a couple places, so tomorrow is now hopefully the day that FTP shall work! I'm crossing my fingers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment